Skin cancer is the growth of abnormal cells in the skin tissue, generally because many stung blazing sun or the impact of ultraviolet radiation (UV). However, in many cases, skin cancer also appeared in part of the body that is not directly exposed to the Sun.
Types Of Skin Cancer
There are 4 types of cancer of the skin, namely:
1. Melanoma. This type is most lethal and can spread quickly throughout the body. Marked with the appearance of new spots like moles or point of changing old shapes, sizes and colors.
2. Nodular Melanoma. This type developed by fast, but his appearance is different with Melanoma in General. The current point is formed on the skin of structured hard and soon will be bloody and crusty.
3. Basal Cell Carcinoma. This type is the most harmless compared to the other types. marked with the hardened skin or dry and flaky. Growing slowly in areas that are often exposed to the Sun.
4. Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Characterized by a thickening of the skin and reddish colored dots. This section may bleed easily and be like boils. Its growth in a matter of months, on the usual areas exposed to sunlight directly. This last type of many suffered at the age of 50 years and over.
Causes Of Skin Cancer
Everyone is at risk of suffering cancer of the skin, but on certain conditions, a person is more at risk of suffering skin cancer than others due to the factors that trigger. Cause factors, among others:
1. There’s a family health record has ever suffered from skin cancer. 5% of Melanoma sufferers have a family history of skin cancer with the same type.
2. Has the type of skin that is sensitive to ultraviolet radiation, so it is easy to feel the burn and blister if exposed to sunlight. The darker a person’s skin color, the higher the levels of means its pigment. This is to minimize the risk of having skin cancer.
3. Many birthmarks or commonly called moles on her skin. The number of moles is influenced by genetic factors and radiation of sunlight.
4. Spend too much time outdoors, without using protective sun during his lifetime.
Skin Cancer Symptoms
Comes with skin cancer signs and symptoms which varied depending on the type.
• Melanoma: Spotting widens with the color is darker than its surroundings, a mole that bleeds or changes color and size, Spots like scars with uneven color, red, white, blue or blackish, Spots on the Palm and back of hands, fingers or feet, or mucous membranes around the mouth, nose, vagina and anus.
• Basal Cell Carcinoma: a lump of clear and shiny, colored Brown or Cuts of meat like a flat.
• Squamous Cell Carcinoma: a reddish Spots that feel soft if touched, cuts, dry scaly or crusty and its shape is flat.
Treatment and Therapy of skin cancer
Type, size and depth of the place is growing skin cancer decide how its treatment. Cancer is still early stage which is only on the surface can be lifted through a biopsy, but if worse should be addressed by other therapies.
Several types of therapy for skin cancer, among others, as follows:
1. Minor surgery: or Excisional surgery is surgery to remove the cancer cells slice skin that intangibles like the crust. Sometimes, the skin that slashed wider than the size of his cancer to make sure no cancer cells left behind.
2. Chemotherapy: chemotherapy Types still further divided based on the place of the growth of the cancer. If cancer cells are still on the surface, chemotherapy drugs are given in the form of ointments whereas if it is then it should be spread with the medications being taken.
3. Laser: laser Advantage is not trigger bleeding, injured or swollen. But the cost is very expensive.
4. Freezing: this technique called cryosurgery, i.e. to freeze cancer cells with liquid nitrogen so that those cells die and did not spread further.
Source : thedarkancokullujaba,blogspot.com