Especially in women, the breast is one of the organs most personally. Important periodically check the condition of the breast. A lump, thickening, discoloration of skin and redness is worth a watch as an indication of cancer. Itching, skin peeling, or rashes on the breast for weeks also need to look out for. Other changes in the skin of the breast, such as swelling, skin is interested in, or constrict, must also be suspect as a symptom.
For men, precautions must also be applied because breast cancer can strike even though this rarely happens. Any lumps in the breasts should have to look out for, especially if fluid comes out from the nipple.
Breast cancer is another type of cancer that occurs in the cell tissue of the breast. When abnormal cells divide and uncontrolled, they can be great with the extra form a network, or tumor, can be benign or malignant. A benign tumor cells do not spread to other body tissues, usually can be removed and would not arise again.
The cells of a malignant tumor (cancer) can spread to nearby tissue and break away from the primary tumor into a form of secondary tumors anywhere in the body.
A Variety Of Breast Cancer
There are several common types of breast cancer:
• Ductal Carcinoma Infiltrating/Invasive (IDC) occurred at 65 to 85 percent of cases of breast cancer. Begins in the cells of the ducts and milk can penetrate the walls of the channel to attack the fatty tissue. It can be spread by blood or lymph. With mammogram (a photo shoot of x-rays) is usually seen as an unusual chain, small flecks or both. Appearing as a lump that usually feels harder than the surrounding tissue.
• Lobular Carcinoma Infiltrating/Invasive (ILC) occur in 5 to 10 percent of breast cancer cases. -Producing glands are present in milk, and may spread to the fatty tissues and anywhere on the body. With a mammogram, it can look like IDC, but physical examination usually found no presence of clots that hard – a rather samara to its network. Can occur in more than one place on the chest or on both breasts simultaneously.
• Three slow-growing minimally invasive subtype is Medullary, Mucinous Carcinomas and Tubular. Which simultaneously occurred in 12 percent of cases of breast cancer. They may be better known than the other malignant cancer.
• Inflammatory Carcinoma is subtype IDC. Have the characteristics of the breast becomes red, swollen and feels hot, and thickened skin and may form small bumps. This happens because of the rapid growth of cancer and clog the lymph tissue. In 90 percent of cases, the cancer has spread in lymph tissue when terdiagnosa. This is an aggressive cancer and is generally done with chemotherapy treatments. Swelling of cancer occur in one out of four percent of the cases happened.
• Paget’s disease started in the ducts and milk can spread on the nipple and areola, causing hardening. If there is no lump that feels, and the biopsy shows no cancer is malignant, that’s a good sign. Perawarannya the same as the other malignant cancer.
• Soft tissue Tumors: Tumor can occur in a support network on the breast. This is a type of tumor that is not common.
Symptoms Of Breast Cancer
Signs and symptoms of breast cancer include:
* Lumps on the breasts or noticeably thickened and different from the surrounding tissue
* Blood on the nipple
* Change the size or shape of the breast
* Changes in the skin of the breast, for example, dimples
* The shape of the inverted nipples
* Exfoliation nipple
* Redness on the skin of the breast, such as orange peel
Cause & Risk Factors
The Causes Of Breast Cancer
It is not clear what causes breast cancer. Doctors know that breast cancer occurs when some cells breast began to develop abnormally. These cells divide more rapidly than cells in General. The accumulation of these cells form a tumor that can spread on the breast, lymph tissue or other body parts.
Breast cancer most often begins in the milk production channels. Doctors call this type of cancer is invasive ductal cancer carcinoma. Breast cancer can also be started from the lobulus (invasive lobular carcinoma) or cells in the breast.
Scientists identify things that can increase your risk of having breast cancer. But it is not clear what why some people do not have risk factors are having cancer, while others who have risk factors never experienced it. It looks like breast cancer is caused by a combination of genetic factors and your environment.
Breast cancer because the offspring
Doctors estimate that 5 to 10 percent of breast cancer is related on a genetic mutation on generations within the family. A number of faulty genes inherited can increase the chances of breast cancer have been identified. The common is breast cancer gene 1 (BRCA1) and breast cancer gene 2 (BRCA2), both of which increase the risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
If you have a record of strong family with breast cancer or other cancers, blood tests can help identify BRCA genes are damaged or others within the family.
Breast cancer risk factors
A risk factor is anything that makes you more likely to have experienced breast cancer. But having one or even several risk factors does not mean you have cancer – some women with breast cancer do not have any known risk factors than other women.
Some of the things that can increase the risk of breast cancer among other things:
Women are more likely to have experienced breast cancer than men.
Increasing age. Your risk of experiencing breast cancer increase over the ages. Women who are over 60 years of age have a greater risk than women with younger age.
A personal note with breast cancer.
If you have cancer in one breast, you have an increased risk of experiencing cancer in the other breast.
With a family history of breast cancer.
If you have a mother, sister or daughter with breast cancer, you have a greater chance of diagnosis with breast cancer. But in general those who have breast cancer have no family history with breast cancer.
A descendant of the gene increases the risk of cancer.
A specific gene mutation that increases the risk of breast cancer can be decreased from parents to children. Mutations of the gene in question are BRCA1 and BRCA2. These genes can increase the risk of developing breast cancer and other cancers, but they don’t make the cancer occurred.
Exposed to radiation.
If you receive treatment with radiation on the chest when children or young adults, you are more likely to have experienced breast cancer later in life.
Have overweight or obese increases your risk of experiencing breast cancer.
Coming months beginning in young age. Future months that began before the age of 12 years increases the risk of breast cancer.
Menopause started at older age. I
f your menopausal period begins after the age of 55 years, you will have the possibility of more experienced breast cancer.
Have the first child at older age.
A woman who recently had a child after the age of 35 can increase the risk of breast cancer.
Postmenopausal hormone therapy. Those who use hormone therapy treatment which combines the esterogen and progesterone to treat the signs and symptoms of menopause have an increased risk of breast cancer.
Drinking alcohol can increase the risk of breast cancer.
Prevention Of Breast Cancer
At the moment breast cancer cannot be prevented, but can be diagnosed earlier than ever before. Early diagnosis is possible with regular mammography and early examination on a suspected wounds. Getting early cancer known, the greater the chances for a cure.
Here is a possible way can help prevent breast cancer:
* A diet low in fat (less than 20 percent), with enough fruit and vegetables, and maintaining ideal body weight.
* When cancer is found and treated early, there will be more treatment options that can be taken and have better chances to recover.
* Among the clinical check-ups, do a breast self-exam (BSE) monthly. Every woman is different, and breast changes over the ages, the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, menopause, or the use of birth control pills or other hormones. May be normal if your breasts feel lumps, swollen or painful at certain times, such as before the onset of pregnancy.
* Breastfeeding may be slightly lower the risk, particularly if continued for 18 to 24 months. Heavy sports at a time when a young age can provide protection. Even light physical activity at a time when adults can lower the risk.
As already explained above, the risk of breast cancer is not just happening in women but also in men
Source : http://gejalapenyakitmu,blogspot.com/